The Insured Person is eligible for cover under this Master Policy if:
- they are under 70 years of age;
- they are legally resident and permitted to Work in the country of operation as per the Appendices in the Master Policy Schedule;
- they are affiliated to a social security;
- they hold a valid rider supplier agreement with the Master Policyholder and/or Affiliated Companies to undertake deliveries;
- they undertook at least one delivery over the last 30 days;
- they ensure they maintain and only use their means of transport if it is in a roadworthy condition;
- they comply with regulations imposed by any lawfully authority;
- they exercise due skill and care when making deliveries on behalf of the Master Policyholder and/or Affiliated Companies.
The substitute is eligible for cover under this Master Policy, and is, therefore, deemed an Insured Person, if he/she has been approved by an Insured Person, meets the requirements of the Insured Person’s valid rider supplier agreement and satisfies the Eligibility criteria stipulated above.
WHAT IS INSURED:
Within the geographical limits and operative time, the Deliveroo riders are covered whilst using his cycle or by foot, for:
- Accidental Death: €50,000
- Funeral Benefit: €3,000
- Loss of sight in one eye: €15,000
- Loss of sight in both eyes: €30,000
- Loss of limbs: €30,000
- Loss of use of one thumb: €4,800
- Loss of use of one forefinger: €3,600
- Loss of use of any other finger: €2,400
- Loss of use of one big toe: €3,600
- Loss of use of any other toe: €900
- Permanent Total Incapacity: €50,000
- Temporary Total Incapacity from a Bodily Injury due to an Accident:
75% of the Insured Person’s average Gross Daily Income (from the Master Policyholder and/or Affiliated Companies) or €50 per day (whichever is lower)) for up to 30 days from the date of the Bodily Injury.
- If the Insured Person has been contracted with the Master Policyholder and/or Affiliated Companies for less than 60 days at the date of Bodily Injury the amount of €25 per day up to maximum €150 shall be payable from the date of the Bodily Injury.
- If the Insured Person is a substitute at the date of the Bodily Injury, then the amount of €25 shall be payable up to a limit of 6 days from the date of the Bodily Injury.
- Quadriplegia: €50,000
- Paraplegia: €50,000
- Loss of hearing in both ears: €30,000
- Loss of hearing in one ear: €7,500
- Total and permanent loss of speech: €30,000
- Loss of use of shoulder or elbow: €15,000
- Loss of use of hip, wrist, knee or ankle: €9,000
- Loss of use of the whole lower jaw: €13,500
- Loss of use of kidney: €7,500
WHERE ARE RIDERS COVERED
The coverage is applicable in the country of operation.
In case of a claim the Deliveroo rider must inform us, as soon as possible and in any case within 8 days and:
- Provide proof of his identity.
- Provide the evidence, assistance, and cooperation to the risk carrier and/or Qover to establish the circumstances surrounding the damage and help to obtain witness statements or other such reports.
- Send us any claim, writ or summons as soon as it is received.
- Notify us in writing of any impending prosecution inquest or fatal accident inquiry as soon as the Deliveroo rider become aware of it.