Immoweb owned by the Axel Springer, the world’s largest media group, is the leading real estate platform in Belgium; similar to Se Loger in France. Immoweb contacted Qover in July 2017 as its executive team sought new revenue streams for the platform that would also add value for its user base.
This is a personal accident cover under a master policy designed to protect the Deliveroo riders against the financial consequences resulting from a bodily injury due to an accident during the operative time.
The Deliveroo riders are eligible for
- They are under 70 years of age.
- They are legally resident and permitted to work in the country of operation.
- They hold a valid rider supplier agreement with Deliveroo Belgium.
- The substitute is eligible for cover, and is, therefore, deemed an insured person, if he has been approved by a Deliveroo rider and meets the requirements of a prevailing valid rider supplier agreement.
What is insured?
Within the geographical limits and operative time, the Deliveroo riders are covered whilst using his cycle or by foot, for:
- Accidental death: 50.000€
- Funeral benefit: 3.000€
- Loss of sight in one eye: 25.000€
- Loss of sight in both eyes: 50.000€
- Loss of a limb: 50.000€
- Permanent total incapacity: 50.000€
- Quadriplegia: 100.000€
- Paraplegia: 100.000€
- Loss of hearing in both ears: 50.000€
- Loss of hearing in one ear: 12.500€
- Total and permanent loss of speech: 50.000€
- Loss of use of shoulder or elbow: 25.000€
- Loss of use of
hip, wrist, knee or ankle: 15.000€
- Loss of use of the whole lower jaw: 22.500€ Loss of use of kidney: 15.000€
- Medical expenses: Max. 7.500€/claim/ aggregate for costs incurred directly related to an insured accident
- In-patient hospital benefit: 50€ per complete overnight stay up to max. 60 nights and up to 3.000€
- Convalescence benefit: 20€/day and up to max. 280€
- Facial scarring from assault only - length scar > 10cm: 500€
- Facial scarring from assault only - length scar 3cm to 9cm: 250€
- Dental benefit: Max. 2.000€/claim/ aggregate for pain alleviation costs incurred directly related to an insured accident.
- Dislocation as a result of bodily injury requiring reduction under anesthetic of the hip: 500€
- Dislocation as a result of bodily injury requiring reduction under anesthetic of the knee: 300€
- Dislocation as a result of bodily injury requiring reduction under anesthetic of the wrist or elbow: 200€
- Dislocation as a result of bodily injury requiring reduction under anesthetic of the ankle, shoulder blade or
collar bone: 100€
- Dislocation as a result of bodily injury requiring reduction under anesthetic of the finger(s), toe(s) or jaw: 50€
- Temporary total incapacity due to an accident: 75% of the rider’s average gross daily income or 50€ per day (whichever is lower) for up to 6 months from the date
of the bodily injury. If the rider has been contracted with Deliveroo Belgium for less than 60 days at the date of bodily injury the amount of 30€ per day shall be payable from the date of the
dodilyinjury. If the
rider is a substitute at the date of the bodily injury, then the amount of 25€ shall be payable up to a limit of 6 days from the date of the bodily injury. There is a waiting period of 7 days as from the accident.
Where are riders covered?
- The coverage is applicable in the country of operation.
In case of a
- Provide proof of his identity.
- Provide the evidence, assistance, and cooperation to the risk carrier and/or Qover to establish the circumstances surrounding the damage and help to obtain witness statements or other such reports.
- Send us any claim, writ or summons as soon as it is received.
- Notify us in writing of any impending prosecution inquest or fatal accident enquiry as soon as the Deliveroo rider become aware of it.